1. Some water is in the gas. Remove this old fuel and replace with fresh mid-grade gasoline.
2. Electrical system is grounding out on the equipment (not engine). Check for cracks for exposed wires. Repair as necessary.
3. Flywheel key sheared. Replace key.
4. Engine out of time. (Point system only). Have engine timed at any local Briggs and Stratton or Tecumseh authorized shop.
5. Stop wire is rubbing on flywheel. Remove flywheel, tape up wire if not severed and re-route it so it will not touch flwheel.
6.Fouled Spark Plug Replace the spark plug with an identical new one.